WHAT IS A DOULA?
A doula is an individual who provides emotional, physical and mental support during pregnancy, child birth and the postpartum period.
Short term benefits of having a Doula
Long-term benefits of having a doula
Antenatal Doula Support
The power of a birth plan isn’t in the actual plan. It’s the process of becoming educated about your options. During the antenatal period, I will have two (or more) antenatal meetings with you (and your partner) at your home.
• Discuss your hopes for your birth
• Explore any concerns or fears you may have
• Discuss the birth plan that you want
• Create a plan for self-love and me-time
• Explore yoga and meditation
• Explore evidence-based information
You also get:
• Contact by phone or email throughout your pregnancy
• I’ll be on-call 24/7 from 38 weeks of pregnancy
Birth Doula Support
I am there to support and protect your wishes and choices, keep you informed and make you feel safe.
For the birth, I will:
• Provide emotional and mental support
• Hold the space for you
• Remind you of your inner strength, mental abilities and the power of your breath
• Guide you to make informed decisions should circumstances change suddenly
• Be by your side the entire time
I can visit you one, two, three or four times a week for as long as you need me in the first six weeks of having your baby home. I also offer 6-10 weeks of postnatal support via phone and email.
• Together, we can debrief the birth and work through any emotions you may be holding onto
• Should you need any medical support, I will find suitable help and arrange appointments
• I can be an extra pair of hands by taking care of your baby and allowing you time to rest
• Breastfeeding support
I also provide all the above doula services over video. If you have to travel and need support I'm only ever a video call away.
"I believe that every woman has the right to feel supported throughout her journey to motherhood. And every woman has the right to give birth with dignity, respect and kindness"